Gallery of Engines
The Florida Association of Model Engineers Gallery is a showcase of engines,
craftsmanship, and design.
Engine builders can forward images and a brief
description of any engine they have built to the Webmaster who will standardize the format and
add them to the Gallery.
Gallery entries must have:
- The builders name, city, state country, and e-mail address.
- Technical description, including number of cylinders, type of cycle, bore
and stroke, and date first run.
- A short written description that explains the inspiration, real engine,
plans, or kit used as a starting point. Unusual features or
construction along with any other details that would interest other engine
builders. Review other Gallery entries to see what is typical.
- We will show several pictures of each engine. Images are to
be sent as JPG format. Images need to be at least 600 pixels high, we
will size and crop as required. If multiple
images are sent we will pick the ones actually used. Please try to
keep each image size under 500 K Bytes.
- Only photos that you took or that were supplied to you with
no copyright restrictions are to be submitted. The Florida Association of Model Engineers
can assume no responsibility for copyrighted material submitted and
displayed with out proper permission, and the only recourse will be the
removal of the offending material from the site. Photos submitted will
only be used on the FAME web site.
- Fully formatted Word documents or HTML e-mails with pictures
embedded will be accepted.
- Work In Progress pages in the gallery are welcome. A small group of
photos with descriptive text can be sent as major parts of a project are
completed. When the engine is complete and added to a Gallery, A link
will be kept to the Work In Progress page.
- Your gallery page may reference a personal web page that is primarily
about engine related topics. If you sell or provide plans or supplies,
or want to recommend a source you may do that in your gallery page. If
you chose to reference a page please let us know if it is taken out of service
in the future so we may remove the link.
Video files can be added to Gallery pages:
If you want to add a video to your complete engine, we need at least 4
pictures, technical description and a story.
You can send the video to me in any format and I will (should be able)
convert it to Windows Media video. My e-mail will accept files up to
5 MB, and there is always regular mail.
I may edit the video or you may request a section be removed. The
regular guide lines apply for all content.
I expect most will be 20-40 seconds long.
The videos mostly will be engines running but there is no restriction,
anything that adds to your page.
- If you do not have a digital image, you can mail me a print and I will scan
it in and return the print.
- If you want to send a new picture or text for a existing entry, just send
the data with a note.
- There is a Shop gallery available to anyone with one engine
- Questions, comments, want to do something different or special, contact
We will may need to limit each member to 3 engine entries added per month.
We may need a few weeks to get entries posted based on family and work.
We will acknowledge receiving you submission and send a confirmation
when it is posted. Every effort will be made to get entries posted
in a week.
Please mail each Gallery of Engines submission
in a separate e-mail to keep images and text properly grouped.
Multiple mages may be sent on a single e-mail. david@FloridaAME.org
Are there improvements to this format that you can
suggest? Please write.
"Florida Association of Model Engineers
SM" is a registered
Service Mark of FloridaAME.org and David Kerzel